Presenter: David Wells, M.Ed.
Location: Montpelier, Vermont, USA
Presentation Title: Writing – It’s All about Collaboration and Sharing
Presentation Description: Educators are of two minds when it comes to standards – love them or leave them. But there is good news when it comes to modern writing standards. Today’s writing standards, such as the Common Core State Standards in the United States insist on sharing and collaboration. Authentic digital age writing experiences remain an essential cornerstone for our 21st Century students. Having students share their thoughts with a global audience has never been more important. In this video presentation, I will share the standards based argument for providing students open and collaborative opportunities for sharing their writing. Participants will met educators and students who have transcended the walls of the classroom and have reaped the benefits of open and collaborative writing. In addition to my video presentation, I will provide participants with links and resources that will support open and collaborative writing experiences for students in a standards based classroom.
Link to presentation’s supporting documents:
On this day..
- K12Online13 Day 5 Presentations: 25 October, 2013 - 2013
- Place-Based Education: The Greenspire School - 2013
- Any Device Will Do! Best Practices of BYOD Implementation - 2013
- Blogging with Little People - 2013
- K12Online12 Day 4 Presentations: 25 October 2012 - 2012
- Make/Hack/Play - Lenses for Learning - 2012
- Show off your work online using Weebly.com - 2012
- #k12Online10 Day 6 Presentations: 25 October 2010 - 2010
- Seeds to Success with Skype - 2010
- The Classroom Social Network: It's not just Fun, It's Fundamental to Modern Learning - 2010