Presenter: Janine Campbell
Location: Dorr, MI
Presentation Description: This presentation explores the following three ways to broaden the horizon of learning outside of the classroom walls: 1. Connecting and Collaborating, 2. Field Trips, 3. Guests. Through examples of each method, teachers will walk away with a variety of steps they can take to look for opportunities to bring outside learning into their classroom using both digital and traditional methods. The use of online tools to engage in outside learning like twitter, Skype, and Artsonia will be explained and specific examples of how those tools were used in the classroom will be shown. Student engagement will also be at the center of this presentation.
Link to presentation’s supporting documents:
On this day..
- A Little Help From Teachers Near and Far: Creating A Global PLN - 2015
- K12Online14 Day Five: October 24, 2014 - 2014
- How Schools Are Preparing Students To Be Real World Ready - 2014
- Five Steps to Level Up Your Teaching - 2014
- Collaboration with TwitCast - 2014
- Out My Window - 2014
- K12Online13 Day 4 Presentations: 24 October, 2013 - 2013
- Social /Library Media Project Based Learning - 2013
- Radically Learner-Centered: Badges at P2PU - 2013
- Open Online Experience - 2013