Presenter: Vanessa Gennarelli
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Presentation Title: Radically Learner-Centered: Badges at P2PU
Presentation Description: How can your students use Badges in the classroom? P2PU has built a learner-centered platform for your classroom community to give feedback to each other and recognize skills.
Peer 2 Peer University has a different take on measurement: we see assessment and learning as one loop, with peers constantly giving feedback to each other and learning in that process.
As such, we’ve build a very different kind of assessment platform: our Badges enable feedback and conversations. This presentation will walk through our platform and present a use case in how Youth Voices Summer Program used Badges for learners to assess each other.
Link to presentation’s supporting documents:
Vanessa Gennarelli is a qualitative researcher, learning designer and maker of things. She’s the Learning Lead for Peer 2 Peer University, a grassroots group leading experiments in how we learn online. She’s worked on innovative projects such as the Mechanical MOOC and Badges for Lifelong Learning. She holds a Master’s of Education from Harvard University and is a former Research Intern with the Lifelong Kindergarten Group at the MIT Media Lab. You can contact her directly at mozzadrella.me, @mozzadrella or firstname.lastname@example.org.
On this day..
- K12Online14 Day Five: October 24, 2014 - 2014
- How Schools Are Preparing Students To Be Real World Ready - 2014
- Five Steps to Level Up Your Teaching - 2014
- Collaboration with TwitCast - 2014
- Out My Window - 2014
- K12Online13 Day 4 Presentations: 24 October, 2013 - 2013
- Social /Library Media Project Based Learning - 2013
- Transforming your Classroom from the Outside In - 2013
- Open Online Experience - 2013
- Photography for All - 2013