Presenter: Tricia Fuglestad
Location: Arlington Heights, IL
Presentation Description: Do you ever wonder if your students own the learning? They definitely would if they created the teaching resources. Fugleflicks are student-created, art-related movies made by kids for kids to teach something about art. Not only do these short entertaining resources inform our school population but those involved in creating them have a tremendously rich learning experience. Take a look behind the scenes into our process for movie-making with small groups, full classes, and the whole school. Find out how we share what we make with authentic audiences to raise the level of craftsmanship and engagement.
There are many takeaways from this presentation regardless of what you teach as you learn to put your students in the director chair, use their creativity, and apply curricular content for the benefit of all.
Link to presentation’s supporting documents:
Fugleflicks wiki and Index (includes tutorials for creating green screen effects and animating in Keynote):
On this day..
- K12ONLINE15 DAY 5: OCTOBER 23, 2015 - 2015
- Adam Jones Education Podcast Creation Story - 2015
- Getting Started with Maker Ed! - 2015
- What Can Social Media Aggregation Contribute to Advocating for Education? Getting all A's in School - 2015
- K12Online14 Day Four: October 23, 2014 - 2014
- Digital Tools for Challenged Learners- Leveling the Playing Field! - 2014
- Gamification: It's not all fun and games! - 2014
- We Are All Connected - 2014
- My Journey With Technology - 2014
- K12Online13 Day 3 Presentations: 23 October, 2013 - 2013