Presenter: Julia Osteen
Location: Norcross, GA, USA
Presentation Title: What Can Be Done in Just 60 Seconds?
What can be done in just 60 seconds?
empty a trash can
reply to an email
wipe spots off a mirror
cut a loose string off your clothing
OR – empower a generation!
The 60 second recap video site attempts to do just that. Their mission? To make the great works of literature accessible, relevant and irresistible to today’s teens. But the site does not stop there. It also invites a greater conversation and participation into the realm of global contribution for the purpose of education.
Sure, we want kids to get excited about reading but we also want kids to get other kids excited about reading. Find out how one teacher has used someone else’s great idea to empower her students further as readers, writers, and contributors to the greater conversation.
Link to presentation’s supporting documents:
On this day..
- K12Online11 Day 8 Presentations: 7 December 2011 - 2011
- ArtiTech - 2011
- The Power of Projects - 2011
- Get Out of the Classroom with Virtual Field Trips - 2011
- K12Online LAN Party Dec 7 - Virtually Vancouver! - 2009
- K12Online09 Day 1 Presentations: 7 December 2009 - 2009
- Organizational Learning and Technology Collide - 2009
- LEADING THE CHANGE KEYNOTE
Self-driven and Classroom-based: Professional Development in the 21st Century - 2009
- Little Kids, Big Possibilities - 2009
- Teaser video for Show & Tell: Exhibit, Reflect & Critique with Blogs - 2009