Presenter: Chris Betcher
Location: Sydney, Australia
Link to presenter’s K12Online Ning Profile page
Presentation Title: Teaching Kids To Think Using Scratch
Presentation Description: Scratch is a simple yet powerful programming language for children that is very easy to use yet contains many of the important programming constructs found in more “grown up” languages.
This presentation looks at some of the key ideas behind programming in Scratch, explores some possible tasks that students could be given to encourage problem solving and higher level thinking, and finishes with a snapshot of a student view into how Scratch is making a difference to learning.
Link to presentation’s supporting documents:
On this day..
- Gaming the conference - 2014
- K12Online12 Day 5 Presentations: 26 October 2012 - 2012
- Make Meaning with Wolfram Alpha - 2012
- The Magic of Mobile Learning - 2012
- #k12Online10 Day 7 Presentations: 26 October 2010 - 2010
- Teaching Science to 21st Century Learners - 2010
- License to Cull with Creative Commons and yolink - 2010
- Project Based Learning in Hand - 2010
- "When Night Falls" begins!! - 2007
- Friday, October 26 Presentations - 2007