Presenter: Drew Schrader
Location: Bloomington, IN
Link to presenter’s K12Online Ning Profile page
Presentation Title: Keeping Literacy in 21st Century Literacy
Presentation Description: In this session I outline the movement towards multiple literacies and 21st century literacies. Â Within this framework I present concrete strategies and methods for pursing the traditional notion of literacy – reading and writing fluency â€“ in an online context. Â In particular I hope to show how â€œthink aloudsâ€ and other literacy modeling strategies can be enhanced by Web 2.0 technologies like Diigo for social bookmarking and Screentoaster for easy screen capture and content delivery. Part of this enhancement comes from the ability to customize instruction to individual student needs and interests. Â This presentation is a relatively equal mix of teaching theory, literacy pedagogy, and technology integration.
Link to presentation’s supporting documents:
On this day..
- Afterglow Live Event: Join Us Monday Night, December 12th! - 2011
- K12Online09 Day 4 Presentations: 10 December 2009 - 2009
- Embracing Web 2.0 for the Administrator - 2009
- Moogpal in Action - 2009
- Slippery Rocks & Hard Places: Twelve Bridges and Learning Matters - 2009
- Bridging History Using Web 2.0 Tools - 2009
- Google SketchUp Unleashed - 2009
- Super Social Safety Digiteens Present the Top Sites for Kids Ages 8-12: Invitation to Join - 2009
- Flat Classroom Project Student Summits: Invitation to Join - 2009