Chris Betcher Sydney, Australia
Bio: Chris has been teaching for over 20 years and is currently the ICT Integration Specialist at Presbyterian Ladies College in Sydney, Australia. Originally trained as an art teacher, Chris has drifted away from that role and into the teaching of computing and multimedia, professional development for teachers, network administration, and even corporate training for companies like Microsoft.
Bio Page: https://k12online08presenters.wikispaces.com/Chris+Betcher
Presentation Title: “I Like Delicious Things: An Introduction to Tagging and Folksonomies”
Description: Using simple examples from a number of tag-driven websites, this presentation looks at how tagging and the subsequent creation of folksonomies are changing the way we think about information. Starting with obvious tagging systems used on sites like Flickr and Delicious, it examines how tagging enables information to be classified, sorted and managed in ways that make it more accessible, easier to manage and more self-aware. It also explores how tags can be aggregated across large collections of information to provide a snapshot into the overall zeitgeist of collective thinking.
Extra information, videos and links can be found at http://betchablog.wikispaces.com/DeliciousThings
Access Help Desk
On this day..
- K12Online15 Day 3: October 21, 2015 - 2015
- The Global Collaborators - 2015
- WOW Wednesday - 2015
- There is Now a 5th Law of Robotics - 2015
- Teaser: Gamifi-ED Networked Learning about Serious Games - 2014
- K12Online14 Day Two – October 21, 2014 - 2014
- Creating an Edventure in Your Classroom - 2014
- A Tale of Three Classrooms: How and Why We Read, Write, and Think for Each Other - 2014
- The iPad's Killer App - 2014
- PLN Power: A Personal Story - 2014