Gardner Campbell, Waco, Texas, USA
Bio Page: https://k12online08presenters.wikispaces.com/Gardner+Campbell
Bio: Gardner Campbell is currently Director of the Academy for Teaching and Learning at Baylor University, where he also serves as an Associate Professor of Literature and Media in the Honors College.
Presentation Title: Asking Bigger Questions About Assessment
Description: How can we demonstrate that what we do with teaching and learning technologies makes a difference in student learning? My presentation doesn’t answer that question directly, but it does explore a larger historical and cultural context for the issue of student assessment. The aim is to start with complex questions of meaning and purpose so that we construct and choose our assessments wisely.
This presentation is audio-only so an embedded video is not available. The following slides accompany the audio file below:
A set of Google Presentation slides are included to illustrate the audio. The slides are embedded in a page on Gardner’s blog; conference participants can view it in the little window there, or click on the full-screen button (recommended) to get a larger image:
Access Help Desk
On this day..
- K12Online14 Day One - October 20, 2014 - 2014
- 6 Second Stories for Learning - 2014
- Game On: How Design and Play Impact Learning - 2014
- #k12Online10 Day 3 Presentations: 20 October 2010 - 2010
- Docentes Ingeniosos 2.0 - Clever Teachers 2.0 - 2010
- C^4: Leveraging The Power Of Blogs And Wikis In Student Learning - 2010
- Connected Learning Communities (CLC): Learning and Leading in the Digital Age - 2010
- Primary Digital Portfolios - 2010
- Day 1 Presentations: 20 October 2008 - 2008
- GETTING STARTED KEYNOTE
"How Can I Become Part of this ReadWriteWeb Revolution?" - 2008