Los Angeles, CA, USA
Sylvia Martinez is president of Generation YES, working to empower students in K-12 schools through digital technology. Sylvia has designed educational games, curriculum, and online experiences for teachers and students. Sylvia speaks and writes on subjects such as the use of technology, simulations and games to enhance educational opportunities and enable youth voice.
“Web 2.0 Share the Adventure”
For many teachers, Web 2.0 tools offer exciting opportunities for students to express themselves and take command of technology that stretches the mind and reaches outside school walls. For some teachers, these tools are like trying to take a drink of water from a fire hose – endlessly expanding into a bewildering array of choices. It’s a daunting task to figure out all the options with Web 2.0 tools and choose the “best” one to introduce to students. But why should you have all the fun!? Share your Learning Adventure 2.0 with your students and you will all benefit from the experience.
On this day..
- K12Online13 Day 5 Presentations: 25 October, 2013 - 2013
- Writing - It's All about Collaboration and Sharing - 2013
- Place-Based Education: The Greenspire School - 2013
- Any Device Will Do! Best Practices of BYOD Implementation - 2013
- Blogging with Little People - 2013
- K12Online12 Day 4 Presentations: 25 October 2012 - 2012
- Make/Hack/Play - Lenses for Learning - 2012
- Show off your work online using Weebly.com - 2012
- #k12Online10 Day 6 Presentations: 25 October 2010 - 2010
- Seeds to Success with Skype - 2010