Fairfax, Virginia, USA
Patrick Ledesma is a School Based Technology Specialist (SBTS) and National Board Certified Teacher in Fairfax County, Virginia, where he helps teachers and students integrate technology in the classroom. He is currently in the Ph.D. program at George Mason University.
“The Technology Specialist as Teacher Leader: Strategies to Ensure Successful Technology Integration and Student Learning in Schools”
Successful technology integration in schools requires more than just advocating technology. Technology integration requires instructional understanding, administrative collaboration. and professional development. This knowledge must be combined with an understanding of student needs, school culture, and current education issues. Technology leadership is instructional leadership, and in his presentation Patrick will review strategies that help the technology specialist balance the numerous hardware, software, training, and instructional issues while keeping a focus on student impact.
On this day..
- K12ONLINE15 DAY 5: OCTOBER 23, 2015 - 2015
- Adam Jones Education Podcast Creation Story - 2015
- Getting Started with Maker Ed! - 2015
- What Can Social Media Aggregation Contribute to Advocating for Education? Getting all A's in School - 2015
- K12Online14 Day Four: October 23, 2014 - 2014
- Digital Tools for Challenged Learners- Leveling the Playing Field! - 2014
- Gamification: It's not all fun and games! - 2014
- We Are All Connected - 2014
- My Journey With Technology - 2014
- K12Online13 Day 3 Presentations: 23 October, 2013 - 2013