Saint Paul, MN, USA
Wendy Wolfe has a M.A. in E-Education and Educational Technology, teaches high school social studies and a classroom technology course for Saint Mary’s University. She serves as a consultant to the MN Historical Society and other area schools, presenting at workshops focused on infusing technology and education. In the low-tech world, you will find her sailing the Apostle Islands on Lake Superior.
“If All My Classes Did This”
Recognizing that educators want students to engage in and enjoy learning and to have the opportunities for success and that reality often brings hardware and budgetary constraints, this presentation explores free Web 2.0 tools focusing on student learning activities and engagement. For each tool, a general introduction will be made followed by:
- Ideas and examples of how these tools can be applied in the classroom.
- Tips to introduce tools to students, including privacy and fair use.
- Tips on showcasing and assessing student work.
http://k12online.wm.edu/If_All_Classes.mp4 (23:01 Run Time, mpeg4, 74.1 MB)
http://k12online.wm.edu/If_All_Classes.wmv (23:00 Run Time, wmv,66.2 MB)
http://k12online.wm.edu/If_All_Classes.mp3 (22:56 Run Time, mp3, 10.5 MB)
On this day..
- Teaser: A Tale of 3 Classrooms - 2014
- #k12Online10 Day 2 Presentations: 19 October 2010 - 2010
- Digital Parent Engagement - 2010
- Radio Solidaria Amiga - 2010
- The Classroom Teacher As a 21st Century Instructional Leader - 2010
- The Ben N Ben Show: Promoting Student Voice through a Student Hosted Webcast - 2010
- Where do I find stuff? - 2008
- Friday, October 19 Presentations - 2007
- New Tools
"Learn to Blog: Blog to Learn" - 2007
- Classroom 2.0
"Design Matters" - 2007