Irvine, California, USA
“Wiki While You Work (Basic)”
A former high school English teacher, Mark has since served as an educational technology coordinator at Estancia High School, the Newport-Mesa Unified School District, and the Orange County Department of Education. He now serves as the president of the Educational Technology and Life Corporation, which provides professional development and consulting services to schools, districts, and other educational institutions. Mark has a masters degree in cross-cultural education. He is also working towards a PhD in Educational Technology at Walden University, and expects to complete his dissertation in early 2007.
Wikis: webpages anyone can edit! Powerful collaboration tools for students and teachers, wikis can be used for individual and group projects, teacher and class webpages, professional development, and much more. This session briefly introduces participants to the Read/Write Web, and to wikis in particular. A live demonstration of wikispaces.org and wikipedia.org will illustrate that… â€œIf you can use a word processor, you can use a wiki.â€ This will be supported by an overview of best practices and inspirational examples of actual student and teacher wikis. These will include wikis student wikis, group wikis, teacher wikis, class wikis, and wikis used for teacher collaboration and professional development. The session will leave participants inspired to take their next steps with educational wikis, whatever their levelâ€¦ exploring wikis for the first time, ready to implement new best practices, or ready to innovate and lead the way. The session will include creation of a wiki that participants can use to collaborate following the end of the session
On this day..
- K12Online14 Day Six: October 27, 2014 - 2014
- Connected Learning Through Google Apps - 2014
- Programming in Primary - 2014
- Passion-Based Learning - 2014
- Preview: Week 2 of the K12Online Conference - 2012
- Student Voices Teaser: Kids Teaching Kids - 2012
- Kicking It Up A Notch Keynote Teaser: It's Not About the Apps - 2012
- #k12Online10 Day 8 Presentations: 27 October 2010 - 2010
- PlanificaciÃ³n y DiseÃ±o de LecciÃ³n en LÃnea a travÃ©s de Blogs - 2010
- The Top Ten - 2010